Santa School of Excellence
Learn from a leading agency on how to be the best Father Christmas.
Why have training to be Santa?
We have been hiring Father Christmas to leading companies across the UK for the past 6 years. In that time we have accumulated a vast amount of knowledge on what makes a great Father Christmas. Being great with children is simply not enough. Having friends and family telling you that you would be brilliant as a Santa is not enough. Saying you convince your children and grandchildren each year that you are Santa is not enough.
– Obtain a certificate showing you have attended the training. The certificate details the topics covered and really opens up more opportunity for work.
– Earn lots of extra money. Always handy during the festive season.
– Improve your confidence and learn the skills you need to be a professional Father Christmas.
– Learn from a professional actor/Santa and owner of a leading agency
Father Christmas is the most recognised individual in the world. Countries have different versions of Santa and he is the standout symbol of the festive period. Playing Father Christmas carries a certain amount of pressure and can throw a whole host of challenges at you. If you are not trained and cannot recognise or understand these challenges you could find the whole experience extremely stressful.
This is why everyone needs Father Christmas training!
What can you expect to learn from Santa School of Excellence?
We will teach you and work with you on every aspect of becoming a fabulous Santa.
• Understanding how to talk with children on their level
• Managing upset, shy or scared children
• Engaging with parents
• Talking to the business owners that have hired you – How you should address the client, what questions to ask.
• DBS checks – Where to get them, how much they cost, which one is best suited for Santa and what is legally requirement?
• Santa Outfits – Difference between low & high quality outfits, Where to get them, How to wear the suit.
• Santa Etiquette
• Santa history – What being Santa is about, What the suit symbolises
• How to answer difficult questions from the children
• Toys & Children’s Trends
• Understanding popular children’s TV shows
• Education on the business side of being Santa – Doing your invoices, What you need to declare to HMRC, How much to charge for your services
• How to pose for pictures
• How to look after the outfit and keep them fresh
• Beards – Fake and real. The importance of a high quality beard and how to wear the fake beards
At the end of the day you will be presented with a Santa School of Excellence certificate to show you have successfully completed the training course. There will also be prizes throughout the day for the best contributors to the day’s events…So get involved! The more you participate, the more you will get out of the training.
We will also take pictures of you in the Santa outfits to add to your profile which will be used to promote you as Santa to prospective clients.
Who we are and who is doing the training?
Santa School of Excellence is part of the Envisage Group which provides event staff for our clients across the UK. We manage more than 15,000 talented and professional promotional staff and offer the following services to our clients in addition to our Father Christmas hire service….
• Actors & Extras
• Brand Ambassadors
• Performers and entertainers
• Exhibition staff
• Conference staff
We have more than 15 websites, details of which can be found by clicking through here* http://www.envisageagency.co.uk/*
We work with hundreds of clients each month and pride ourselves on supplying the best people that can carry out our client’s duties perfectly.
The Santa training will be delivered by Lee Murphy, the group company director, along with one of our experienced Santa’s that works with our clients each year.
About Lee Murphy
Having worked in the insurance industry as a sales director for a large Midlands brokerage, Lee became a director of the Envisage group in 2012. He is passionate about driving the business forward but, first and foremost, he is dedicated to making the Envisage name a byword within the industry for hard-working and reliable staff.
Lee has been training people all his working life and understands the importance of making all training sessions informative and fun. As the director of Envisage Lee knows that the staff we send out are representing our business so they must be amazing so our clients are wowed and come back to us year after year. Running the training for Santa School of Excellence is a big commitment to Lee’s time but he passionately believes the time we invest in you, our Santa’s, is a commitment to our clients that we will only ever provide the best people.
Where is the Training?
The days training will generally take place in Rugby, Warwickshire. This is where the Envisage Group is based and it’s perfectly placed in the heart of Midlands for everyone across the UK to reach.
We have run the sessions in city locations across the country when the demand to attend the course has been high in that particular area.
How long does the training take?
It’s a day’s course starting at 9am and finishing at 5.00pm. Lunch will be provided for you along with refreshments throughout the day.
How many other people will be on the training day?
That varies. We try to keep the numbers relatively low as it allows for more interaction and we feel you will get more out of the day.
The numbers can range from 10 to 15 people.
When does the training take place?
We run a session every day for a week in October – Dates to be confirmed for 2016.
How much does it cost?
£99 per person
A deposit is required of *£45 to hold your place with the balance due 7 days before your training day.
*Non refundable if you cancel within 10 days of the training date
Want to know more or get booked on a training day?
Complete the enquiry form below and a member of the training team will contact you directly. If you wish to book your attendance on a training day, please complete the details and we will contact you to confirm available dates .