10 Top Tips to keep cool in the office!
As temperatures soar some of us head off on holiday and the rest of us are stuck in the office! Click through for 10 ways to keep cool at work!As temperatures soar some of us head off on holiday and the rest of us are stuck in the office! Click through for 10 ways to keep cool at work!
1. Eat small amounts and eat regularly. Big meals create more metabolic heat as your body breaks down your food. Stay away from foods that are high in protein.
2. If there isn’t a breeze outside close the office windows, you are just letting hot air in.
3. Turn on the cold tap and run your wrists under the water for five seconds as main vein passes through the wrist and keeps your blood cool.
4. Keep a spray bottle filled with cold water on your desk. When it gets too hot give yourself a quick spray. Works brilliantly with a fan!
5. Wear lightweight, light-coloured cotton clothes. Synthetic fibres trap the heat.
6. Don’t fan yourself with your hands as the vigorous action uses a lot of energy and will raise your body temperature.
7. Don’t drink alcohol. You may be desperate for a chilled beer or a cold glass of Prosecco. Don’t do it as alcohol dehydrates your body!
8. Ladies, use Aloe Vera after sun rather than your normal moisturiser, will help to lower your skin temperature.
9. Fill up a bottle of water and put it in the freezer, then put this in front of your desk fan.
10. Turn off any electrical items you are not using. Most electric objects give out some type of heat, this includes light bulbs.